Tuesday, September 12, 2006

From dusk till dawn.

I'm feeling surprisingly (disappointing for some) upbeat today despite the fact that I still find myself at the office after 9pm. I can happily report that I experienced no enraged or murderous impulses today. I can almost hear the relieved sighs of postal workers countrywide. Guys, don't get too comfortable just yet, it's only Tuesday and I'm convinced I'll still have many 'letters to post'.

On days like these, I usually suppliment my obvious lack of aggression by taking the liberty of listening to the musical equivalent of a sledgehammer to the head, just to get into the mood. Hell, there's nothing like a goodly dose of metal to get the senses going. It's like wafting some smelling salts under your nose - which usually accompanies the blow to the head anyway.

Soon I'm ready to spew forth "F--- this!" and "Screw you!", or "You looking at me, huh? You want some of this?", in all directions and at the drop of a hat (or stupid question). This would no doubt be much to the amusement of my colleagues. One of the side affects of being the office clown is that people are never quite sure when to take you seriously, so they never do. When you really do mean business your affectiveness is largely negated. Mental note: Perhaps a sewn off 12 guage shotgun might be more pursuasive when accompanying these outbursts. I think so. But how to get it past the metal detectors? Oops, did I just write that? *grin*

Truth be told, some of the tracks by KoRn are rather good. I particularly like the one called "Right Now". There is just nothing like a slamming base, killer guitar riff and raging PG rated lyrics that just compliments the right mood perfectly.

Ironically for me, I enjoy this type of music best when I'm in a good mood, which I guess is the point of this post. Oh well, back to the proverbial square one.

I like the following quote. Very apt. I'm thinking it's particularly poignant for a certain somebody right about now.

"In a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day."
(F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896-1940), U.S. author.






Just a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< Top