Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pesky little adaptive behaviours...

Technology tsk tsk. I posted something yesterday morning but somehow it did not get uploaded. Should have realised this when I did not get the email confirmation.

Annie: Good insights as always. No nerves hit, pinched, stretched or twinged - miraculously even the feathers have remained unruffled. I'm comfortable with my age - I even get mistaken for a 27 year old sometimes. :-P

What I said was that the whole age thing is partially relevant in the sense that with age comes a degree of pragmatism (and adaptive behaviour) due largely to the experiences we have had in our lives. The downside to this is it makes us a little defensive and conservative when faced with change and/or commitment. Well, that's just me I guess. After a couple of long term relationships, you tend to pick up a few scrapes (and bad habits) here and there.

Having said that, I'm not giving up on the idea completely, but I guess I'm in need of a bit of dazzling myself. I just love the freedom I have right now, so sitting on the fence is not chewing into my butt just yet. Just another thought.

The good news is within a few days I'll once again have a computer at home. Hallelujah to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< Top