Sunday, August 06, 2006

All quiet on the western front?

Well, its Sunday afternoon and like millions of other professionals do around the world, I am sitting at the office. No, I don't work from home or even run my own business (which could imply that since its your own company, therefore the involvement is 24/7). I am the employed, not the employer.

Okay so one of three things is happening here: 1. I am blessed with a most wonderful drive, enthusiasm and work ethic, instilled in me by my parents and role models. 2. I have no social life and trips to the office on weekends and holidays break the long hours of boredom and depression. 3. I am just not getting through all of my work during the week and now am obliged to give up my free time to catch up. Let's hope its a healthy combination of 1 and 3... but moving swiftly along. I'll have to start working smarter, not harder.

On to a completeley different topic. I might be a bit pedantic about this but don't you just HATE people that insist on spitting in public? Do they feel they owe it to the world to show us the general contents of their mouths, throats, or God knows where else? Almost like a human hairball if you will. "Ghhhhhhggghhh.... Whoa hey guys, look what I just coughed up. Neat huh?". Real smooth.

I understand if you are participating in sport, but just walking down the street? Come on now. Am I crazy or just sounding prudish?

Let's have some pet hates please.

1 Comments:

Blogger ANNIE said...

Despite my benevolence, the following things make my mood swing faster than my college roommate on amphetamines;
Welfare for the lazy
Slow elevators
People who take their sweet time
Volatile market fluctuations
People who don’t vote
Public housing
Purple
Pee on the toilet seat
Making appointments to see other people
The people that live below me, as they assume I share their same affinity for Motley Cru
The average female
Etc…
Etc…
Ect…

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< Top