Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Balancing act...

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”
Albert Einstein.

Ok, so I THOUGHT I was back.

I managed to take some time off work. In 2 days, despite many well-intentioned plans I basically did virtually nothing constructive with that time. You know you're nearing that mythical place known as 'rock bottom for lazy asses' when your only achievement for a day is managing to feverishly drag yourself from the bed to the sofa and summon your last reserves of energy to flick the remote on the television.

Even more alarming is that some variation of this activity (for want of a better word) has been the pattern for the last few weekends too.

Heroic stuff.

Of course it's not as bad as you may think folks. It's just that when we get tired from one activity (like excessive amounts of work) you really run out of energy for everything else. I guess my body was telling me something at the time. Things are naturally a little better now. What's the lesson to be learnt? No matter how busy or stressed you get, you must have the discipline to make time to create a work/life balance. Keep on making social plans, call your family, go for that run.

You get the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< Top