Monday, October 02, 2006

What lies beneath.

This weekend it was again blatantly clear to me (on three occasions, no less) how strong some undercurrents tend to run in certain frienship circles. I may be making a sweeping (also perhaps life threatening) statement here, but I really think most men (read:me) are oblivious to these goings on, unless directly involved of course. This is where I have to shrug my shoulders and cry "I just don't get women."

Now I'm a pretty perceptive guy, but it's almost like this type of stuff transmits at a frequency too high for mere mortal men to pick up. Hell, on reflection, this is probably a good thing.

Oh and another thing, I've always disliked the term "group", when referring to a circle of friends. I think its sounds exclusive and insular. Those of us who enjoy mingling with several (sometimes diverse) circles will know what I mean.

If you're wondering what the hell the picture is, it's an eel. I could not think what to use to go with the today's topic: things under the surface. Too sinister perhaps but definitely freaky.

Lastly, something that I think my fellow locals can identify with: In this city there are three things that are certain in this life. Death, taxes, and CAR GUARDS. More about that later when my blood pressure returns to normal.

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Perhaps it's time to migrate away from that circle

2:33 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

Noted. Although I'm not partial to flying south for the summer. I'll stick with selective hearing for now...

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< Top